Civil War in Song

Civil War In Song On Saturday April 11, 2015 the Franklin Historical Society as part of our annual membership meeting will present our renowned “Civil War In Song” program. The membership meeting will start at 12:30 PM in the Fadrow room of the Franklin Public Library, 9151 W. Loomis Rd. The Civil War In Song

St. Peter’s Chapel

Franklin: Then and Now ST. PETER’S CHAPEL: THEN & NOW It was once known as St. Peter’s Lutheran Church when it stood on its original site located on S. 68 th St., north of Rawson Avenue. Built in 1869 by German Lutherans who had left St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Franklin, the church remained in

Businesses of St Martins

Businesses of St Martins THE EARLY BUSINESSES OF ST. MARTINS A windmill, a brewery, a general store, and a farm implement dealer —these were some of the early businesses of Franklin. Located in St. Martins, they provided products and services for the rural population of the area. Even though all four of these no longer

SACRED HEART SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY

SACRED HEART SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY The Sacred Heart School of Theology, located on Hwy. 100 near Rawson Avenue, was originally known as the Sacred Heart Monastery and as a seminary for the training of men into the priesthood. It was originally built across the street from the present buildings. The original building was built in